A warm welcome from the Dithmarschen Tourism Association!
Who we are:
The Verein Dithmarschen Tourismus, founded in 1989, carries out the work of a Local Tourist Organisation (LTO) within the meaning of the tourism concept of the Federal State of Schleswig-Holstein for the territory covering the Dithmarschen district. The LTO has 11 members: the District of Dithmarschen, the towns of Heide and Brunsbüttel, the communities of Büsum and Friedrichskoog and the six Dithmarschen councils.
Our remit includes the following responsibilities:
- To operate a central advice, information and reservations office for tourists
- Co-ordination and execution of marketing activities embracing the whole region as well as centralised promotional activities
- Dealing with members‘ matters which are generally of fundamental importance and representing members both in tourism-related organisations and elsewhere
- Planning, co-ordination and carrying out of individual projects of regional or national importance for further development of tourism in Dithmarschen
- Co-ordination and harmonisation of infrastructure planning relevant to tourism for locations in Dithmarschen
- Development and implementation of measures for qualification and enhancing quality in the tourist sector
- Determining strategies and objectives for further tourist development
Our objectives are:
- To increase the economic value of tourism for the entire LTO region. This assumes the existence of quality products suitable for the target market as well as a strong destination identity behind which there is a powerful LTO functioning both as a marketing organisation and a regional tourist development agency. This gives rise to economically-beneficial tourism derived from establishing and increasing demand and / or maintaining and enhancing the readiness of visitors to pay.
- To formulate tourist development as a mutually beneficial exercise. This implies that local people should benefit from the tourism (provision of public services including aspects such as basic infrastructure, job creation, use of (tourist) attractions), and that the tourism itself should benefit in return (craftspeople from the region, year-round stimulation of towns and villages, creation of a year-round demand for goods, catering and recreational facilities).
- To promote tourism with the least possible harmful effect on nature. An intact nature and landscape form the basic foundations for tourism and the quality of life for the people of Dithmarschen. Protection and preservation of nature is thus essential both for future development of tourism as well as for the local population.
We give you here information on who to contact with us and the tourist information offices in our holiday resorts besides.